SEC, Three Letter Acronym, Middle Word Is Elon’s
The title of this article is litterally word for word Elon Musk’s tweet today. His company, Tesla, over the past week, has overtaken Toyota to become the most valuable car manufacturer globally. What is more impressive is that, at the end of 2019, Toyota produced 10.5 million cars or 30 times more cars than Tesla. The Japanese Auto manufacturer realised revenues of $280 billion, or 11 times more than Tesla.
To celebrate his achievement, Elon Musk published the above message on Twitter. I will leave it to the readers to decrypt Elon’s message…
Elon is undoubtedly one of the most innovative minds of this generation. Whether it is his success at Paypal, Space X, Tesla, Hyperloop, Neuralink, SolarCity or The Boring Company, his creativity is hard to fault. Having said this, he has a cavalier attitude that tends to show up in his tweets every now and then. And for this reason, I will never invest in any of his companies.
As a reminder, here are examples of his previous Tweets that caused him troubles:
- In May 2020, he tweeted: “Tesla share price too high imo”
- He was completed wrong about Covid-19. In March 2020, he stated that the coronavirus panic was “dumb”. He added that panic was worse than corona. He also predicted “close to zero new cases in the US by end of April”
- In August 2018, he tweeted: “am considering taking Tesla private at $420. Funding secured”. Subsequently, the SEC sued Elon and Tesla for False and misleading statements.
- In September 2018, Elon called the SEC “the Shortseller Enrichment Commission”
- In July 2018, he accused a British diver of pedophilia, after the diver helped rescued a team of young soccer players stuck in underwater cave